CLEARWATER BEACH, Fla. – As Valentine’s Day draws near, the traditional season for wedding engagements will also come to a close. That’s why the wedding planners at Gulf Beach Weddings are encouraging folks to consider one of Florida’s beautiful Gulf beaches while planning their wedding.
“Typically, we’ve found that the bulk of wedding engagements range from Thanksgiving to Valentine’s Day,” said Brandon Wheeler, owner of Gulf Beach Weddings. “And after Valentine’s Day, the wedding planning really begins.”
Wheeler and his associates recommend these top tips when planning a destination wedding:
- Set a date. Talk to family and friends and find out what works for them. Also, check the date availability with potential locations.
- Set a budget.
- Understand the rules of the marriage license in the state you will be getting married. For example, in Florida, couples need to apply for their marriage license within a 60 day window of their actual ceremony.
- Hire professionals. When it comes to planning a wedding, make sure to hire someone who can plan something fun, adventurous and customized to your wants.
- Look for venues or facilities that are flexible in terms of vendors.
- Ask for all-in charges. Many hotels will have all sorts of hidden charges; make sure you ask about all of the different fees and if they have any all-inclusive wedding packages.
- Don’t skimp on the photographer. The right photographer will make your wedding look good, rain or shine.
- Do your research.
- Plan a Florida wedding. With a beautiful climate and more than 1,200 miles of coastline to choose from, Florida is a perfect place for a destination wedding. Use Gulf Beach Weddings’ beach rating guide to select the perfect location for your wedding.
“While many couples will be forced to spend Valentine’s Day inside this year due to record low temperatures across much of the country, I hope they’ll consider sunny Florida in their wedding plans,” said Wheeler. “More importantly, if they do decide to plan a Florida wedding, I hope they’ll give us a call, as we’re more than happy to help with any questions.”