If you are looking for an opportunity to work with a growing public relations firm, you’ve come to the right place. We are in need of an experienced public relations specialist with sales experience.
Applicant must be results-oriented, well organized with experience in managing multiple clients, and possess the ability to write in Associate Press style.
Our PR specialist will work within a team and aim to influence public opinion or behavior without the use of paid advertising.
You should have experience working in a fast-paced work environment and must be able to meet deadlines and deal with high stress situations. You will be writing and pitching press releases, attending media interviews and handling different clients from multiple industries. You will also be required to bring on new clients and manage those clients with the help of the team.
You MUST be proficient in writing, proofreading, editing and have a familiarization with photography, videography and working within Adobe editing systems. You also must have an extremely outgoing personality.
Though it’s not required, bi-lingual applicants who can speak and write proficiently in English and Spanish are a plus.
Please only apply if you are in the greater Tampa Bay area as relocation costs are not covered.
Responsibilities include, but aren’t limited to:
- Liaising on a daily basis with clients and the media, often via telephone and email
- Relationship building and networking with colleagues, clients and the media
- Monitoring the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, newswires, social media sites and blogs, for opportunities for clients
- Working as part of a team to develop client proposals and implement PR projects
- Preparing regular client reports and attending client meetings
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Promoting news stories and features to the media
- Collating, analyzing and evaluating media coverage
- Event management, including press conferences and promotional events
- Attending and promoting client events to the media
- Assisting with the production of client publications
- Coordinating studio or location photography
- Undertaking research for new business proposals and presenting to potential new clients
- Managing crisis communications
The ideal candidate will possess the qualities below:
- Strong attention to detail
- Media relations skills with proven results
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, business, or communications, and a minimum of 1-2 years related work experience
- Project management experience
- Experience with social media
- Ability to manage time and projects
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivation and be a self-starter
- Ability to communicate effectively (oral and written communication)
- Working knowledge Microsoft, Adobe and PR software systems
- Worked with major clients (local & national)
- Strong sense of deadlines
- High level of professionalism
While it is not required, applicants who have attended the Department of Defense Information School (DINFOS) will be given additional consideration.
Those interested in applying should send their email with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Judge Public Relations is a veteran-owned business that provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Judge Public Relations complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Judge Public Relations expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Judge Public Relations’ employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.